First Work Done!

I took out my first seams tonight! The bodice had been taken in along the side seams and front darts, so I took out the alterations and it gave me over two full inches of extra room in the bodice! The waist itself is still a little tight (I’m going to try to hit the gym to resolve that), but now I can be zipped into the dress with relative ease.

One challenge is whether or not the creases from the old seams will go away or not. I’m going to hope and pray they do, but if not I suppose I’ll just sew up the seams again and put in some new pieces.


In other news, I removed the first piece of lace from the dress! This is the sort of lace that I’ll end up having to re-net. There seems to be miles of it!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s